Judging to be held Saturday at 1:00 PM in the Cattle Barn Arena
PURPOSE: To promote and improve breeding of Holstein Friesian Cattle in Washington County.
- Open to members of FFA and 4-H Clubs carrying dairy projects.
- All cattle must be REGISTERED IN THE HERD BOOK OF THE HOLSTEIN-FRIESIAN ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA.
- REGISTRATION PAPERS must be present to show committee prior to show.
- All prize money will be prorated according to the number of entries per class.
- A special committee appointed bY the club president will make all decisions in cases of question. His or her decision will be final.
Classes Age Classification
Junior Heifer Calf: born after March 1, year of the fair
Intermediate Heifer Calf: born between Dec. 1 and Feb. 29, year before the fair
Senior Heifer Calf: born between Sept. 1 and Nov 30
Summer Yearling Heifer: born between June 1 and Aug. 31
Junior Yearling Heifer: born between March 1 and May 30
Winter Yearling Heifer: born between Dec. 1 and Feb. 28
Senior Yearling Heifer: born between Sept. and Nov. 30
Under 4 years: any cow that has calved by show date
Over 4 years: any cow that has calved by show date
Dry Cow Class: any production cow that is presently dry by show date