Lisa McNish – Director in Charge
Judging to be held at 8:30AM Sunday at the Cattle Barn Arena
- Entries due August 15. Stall Fee is $2.50 per head, non-refundable.
- The Fair Board will provide all sawdust.
- Exhibitors will purchase a Membership or Season Ticket.
- Competition open to Washington County residents and surrounding counties.
- Ages of all sheep shall be dated from January 1.
- Classes will consist of any recognized breeds in the state of Ohio. Crossbred and mixed wools will be considered one class.
- Scrapie Tags Required.
- Pen of lambs shall be four (4) lambs bred and owned by exhibitor.
- Exhibitor’s flock shall be one (1) ran and three (3) ewes.
- Breeder’s young flock shall be one (1) yearling ram, two (2) land ewes, all owned and bred by exhibitor.
- Class 414 is open to residents of Washington County only and shall consist of one (1) ram (either yearling or lamb) and four (4) ewes (either yearling or lamb). Exhibitors are limited to one (1) entry per breed (must be bred and owned by exhibitor)
- Only 2 entries per exhibitor per class (except class 414)
FITTING STANDS ARE ALLOWED FOR BREEDING SHEEP ONLY
REGISTRATION PAPERS ARE TO BE PRESENTED UPON REQUEST
CLASSES 400 THROUGH 413 PAYBACK SHALL BE:
(Exception – Classes 404 & 410 Prize Only)
1st Place: $8.00
2nd Place: $6.00
3rd Place: $4.00
BREEDS WILL BE SHOWN IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER IN THE FOLLLOWING CLASSES:
|401||Ram Lamb Fall Born|
|402||Ram Lamb Spring Born|
|403||Pair of Ram Lambs|
|404||Champion Ram (Prizes to be Awarded)|
|406||Pair of Yearling Ewes|
|407||Ewe Lambs Fall Born|
|408||Ewe Lambs Spring Born|
|409||Pair of Ewe Lambs|
|410||Champion Ram (Prizes to be Awarded)|
|411||Pen of Lambs|
|412||Breeders Young Flock|
|414||Washington County Breeders Flock (Prizes to be Awarded)|
|415||Supreme Ram of All Breeds (Prizes to be Awarded)|
|416||Supreme Ewe of All Breeds (Prizes to be Awarded)|
LEAD CLASS –SHEEP
Lisa McNish– Director in Charge
Judging is Sunday at 3:30PM in the Cattle Barn Show Arena
Entry due Friday at 7:00 pm
The purpose of this competition is to present sheep in an attractive manner and to promote the use of wool.
- The sheep may be a market animal, ewe, lamb, or yearling ewe and must be led by a halter.
- The exhibitor will be judged on his/her outfit and appearance, which must be appropriate, attractive and not distracting to the class.
- Outfits must be at least 50% wool.
- The garments may be either handmade or purchased.
- Exhibitors are discouraged from using outfits from previous years.
- The animal may be decorated as well. This may have some affect on points given.
|JUDGING STANDARDS||POSSIBLE POINTS|
|Entrants Poise and Appearance||40|
|Garment Appearance & Originality||40|
|Appearance of the Animal||20|
|Total Possible Points||100|
Pee Wee 0-5 YR
Junior 6-10 YR
Intermediate 11-15 YR
Senior 16-19 YR
PEE WEE SHOWMANSHIP – SHEEP
Lisa McNish– Director in Charge
Registration Due – Friday at 8:00 PM
Showmanship in the Cattle Barn Show Arena
- Open to anyone 8 years and under. Ages to be determined as of Jan 1st of current year. (8 yr. old’s exhibiting Jr. Fair Livestock Projects not eligible)
- Boys and girls will show together.
- This class may be divided depending on number of participants.
- Participants must have permission to use any animal(s) at the Fair.
- Participants may be assisted by a parent or guardian.
- The Washington County Agricultural and Mechanical Association, 4- H/FFA, the sponsors, or directors or employees will not be liable for accidents. Parents or guardian MUST sign for a participant to show.
*Please refer to the fair schedule to find each species pee wee showmanship date and time*