Click here to sponsor the John Rech Memorial Pull
- Operate equipment in safe and sensible manner while in pits. Maintain safe speed and distance when driving.
- NO ALCOHOL to be consumed by competitors.
- Recommend to wear safe clothing. No open toed shoes, loose or baggy clothing, etc.
4,500lb, 5,500lb, 6,500lb, 7,500lb 4mph and 6mph classes
- Speed limit of 4mph and 6mph respectively
- Hitch height of 18”. Hitches will be solid, no vertical or side to side motion.
- 18.4 tire size max. Top cut tires are allowed. Front cuts or full cut tires not allowed.
- All weights must be securely mounted. If anything falls from tractor, that hook is dq’d
- Frame tie bars allowed. Frame, front axle, and chassis must appear factory. No fully fabricated chassis. Must appear to be a farm tractor. Wheelie bars recommended.
9,500lb, 11,500lb, 13,500lb classes
- Speed limit of 6mph.
- Hitch height of 20”. Hitches will be solid, no vertical or side to side motion
- 20.8 tire size max. Top cut tires allowed. Front cut or full cuts not allowed.
- All weights must be securely mounted. If anything falls from tractor, that hook is dq’d.
- Frame tie bars allowed. Frame, front axle, and chassis must appear factory. No fully fabricated chassis. Must appear to be a farm tractor. Wheelie bars recommended
10,000lb no speed limit farm tractor
- 20.8 tire size max. Top cut tires allowed, no front or full cut tires allowed
- 20” hitch height. Solid hitch, no vertical or side to side motion
- Helmets required for any tractors with full cages or roll bars.
6200 Cheater stock gas truck(AFPA RULES)
- Weight class is 6200 pounds. No weight brackets or hanging weights allowed on front of vehicles. Weights must be in cab or bed only and securely fastened or contained safely therein. No weights allowed under hood or in the wheel wells. No weights may be suspended under the body/chassis or behind panels/parts.
- No dual wheels, studded tires, tire chains, or any tire not specifically intended for street use are permitted. All tires must carry a D.O.T. number on the side wall, D.O.T. number must be easily read from the outside of the tire. No cut, altered, or sharpened tires.
- Front bumpers must be unaltered factory stock. No weighted front devices are permitted – this includes but is not limited to: homemade bumpers, brush guards, and winches. Lower brackets (only) for snow plow frames are permitted so long as no modifications that would add weight are determined. An unaltered decorative brush guard may be permitted at the option of the head official. A truck is permitted to compete without a front bumper.
- The hitch point will be from a “Reese type” hitch or drawbar with the point of attachment to the truck’s frame behind the pumpkin of the rear end. Hitch point may not be more than 24′′ from ground. No angled, lever, pivot, axis or other types of ‘trick’ hitches are allowed and the hitch must be stationary in all directions. The hitch point from center of axle must be no shorter than 36′′ on regular cab trucks and 48′′ on extended and 4-door cab trucks. Shortening of the bed in order to shorten the hook point is not permitted. Traction bars are allowed.
- Gasoline is the only fuel permitted. No aluminum engine blocks are permitted unless O.E.M. Absolutely no alcohol, nitrous oxide or other oxygen extenders. Turbo-Blue and CAM-2 are permitted. Headers are approved but all exhaust must run through a muffler system. No superchargers or turbochargers permitted. Swaps between manufacturers are not permitted.
- No solid suspensions are permitted. Must have stock suspension one ton or below. Blocks are allowed between axle housing and truck frame. Lift kits are acceptable.
- Truck must be stock in appearance. Floor in bed must be solid. The wheelbase may not be changed. Wooden flatbeds are permitted.
- Transmission & transfer case must be O.E.M. and available in one ton (or smaller) pick-up trucks. U-joint shields, driveshaft loops, and kill switch required.
- Drivers are urged to wear a seatbelt or shoulder harness and a motor sport type helmet when hooked to the sled. Race seats with 5-point harness allowed. Passengers are not permitted in the truck.
6,500lb Limited Light Super tractors(OMTPA Rules)
- 6500 lbs Diesel – 470 cubic inch limit
- 24.5×32 tire maximum size
- 1 turbo – 3.6 inlet max
- No after or inner coolers
- P pumps maximum size (no sigmas or after market injection pumps)
- Roll cages, wheelie bars, kill switches, scatter blankets, etc.
- All drivers safety equipment
- 370 cubic inch limit
- 3.0 inlet turbo
- All other safety equipment applies same as diesel participants
- Drawbar must be parallel to the ground within 15 degrees. No cam “L” or drop down hitches permitted.
8,500lb Hot street diesel truck
- Trucks must weigh 8,500. Ballast can be added, must be in bed and secured. No loose weight in cab, especially on cab floor. No hanging weight on front of truck. No weight brackets allowed, even with no weights hanging.
- Traction bars are allowed. Suspension must have 1” of travel minimum.
- Dual wheels allowed as long as covered by fenders.
- DOT tires only. No cut or off road only tires allowed.
- 26” hitch height. Must pull from a reese style hitch. No drawbar style hitches. Bracing supports are allowed on hitch but not pass center line of rear axle. 3x 3-3/4’ opening in hitch.
- Any turbo configuration allowed. Factory or aftermarket twin turbos allowed.
- No hand throttles. NO pressurized fuel systems(ex: Nitrous, propane) No water injection.
- Trucks must be road legal. Vehicles must have up to date license, registration and insurance. Working head lights and tail lights. No hand throttles. Factory dash, 2 seats(Racing seats allowed). Trucks must retain factory bed floor and body parts. Aftermarket front bumpers allowed.
- Drivetrain(Engine, transmission, axles, transfercase) must all be from 1 ton or under truck. Engines can be changed from truck brand to brand(ex: Cummins in a Ford)
- Helmets are required. No open toed shoes. Windows closed during pull. Absolutely no passengers when pulling.
6200 Mod stock
- Racing gasoline only. No power additives of any kind. Absolutely no Nitrous Oxide, alcohol, or Nitro, etc.
- Engine must be same make of truck. Engine center-line rule: center of axle to bellhousing to be at least 12 inches. Any internal modifications to engine are allowed. Revised – Dec. 2017
- 472 Cubic inch limit.
- Dry sump oil systems are not allowed.
- One single carburetor (4150 or equal) no-dominators.
- Aluminum intakes allowed. No external modifications. Maximum of 2″ spacer between carb and intake. No tunnel rams or sheet metal intakes.
- After market heads allowed. Must be cast iron block and heads. No aluminum heads or blocks.
- Open headers allowed. All headers must be straight down and back, cannot exit through hood.
- Must have alternator; alternator must be driven by crank.
- Electric fuel pumps allowed. One fuel pump total. No belt drive pumps allowed.
- Electric fans and water pumps are allowed.
- Front end and rear end no larger than 1 ton.
- Transmission and transfer case must be OEM style of truck. No Pro-Fabs.
- Tractor & Truck pullers hitch opening size requirements: 3 ¾ inch front to back and 3 inch side to side. Note: No loose clevis are to be used. (Revised – Dec. 2017)
- Officials have full and final say over all rules.
- Class is open to all persons 16 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license. Anyone under 18 years of age must have a release and consent form signed by parent or guardian.
- Officials reserve the right to disqualify any participant that is acting in an unsportsmanlike or unsafe manner. If disqualified, the participant will be subject to removal from the event grounds without refund.
- Any driver who is suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate.
- Any questions or concerns should be addressed at the driver’s meeting.
- Engine cubic inch protest fee is $300. This fee must be filed at time of protest. The protester is to be checked first. Only top 3 finishers can be protested for engine cubic inch. Engine will be pumped only, no teardowns. If legal, owner of the truck gets $250, and pump operator gets $50. If illegal, protestor gets $250 back and pump operator gets $50. All points and prize money for that pull will be forfeited and protested barred from pulling at club sanctioned pulls for one year, if truck found to be illegal or refusal of pumping. Only 3 people can be present during pumping.
- Must have loops on all drive shafts and U-joint shields. 3 on rear and 2
- Must have loops on all drive shafts and U-joint shields. 3 on rear and 2 on front.
- A working kill switch. Kill switch must be accessible to sled in plain view of sight. Kill switch must shut off fuel pump and ignition.
Revised – Dec. 2017
- Must have Neutral safety “white” light visible by sled operator.
- Must have fire extinguisher within hand reach.
- Blow proof bell housing or blanket and flywheel shields are insurance required.
- Must wear a helmet. Seat belt is required.
- NO HOT RODDING IN PIT AREAS.
- Driver use of a race seat with five point harness recommended.
- Must have all factory sheet metal. No fiberglass or aluminum body parts (exception fiberglass hood allowed). Hood scoops are allowed. Do not have to have a tailgate on truck.
- Maximum wheelbase is 135 inches.
- Full factory stock bed-NO FLATBEDS or aluminum beds.
- No extended cabs.
- Inner fenders must be in truck in stock location.
- Gas tanks must be in factory position or fuel cell only in bed of truck.
- Must have at least one shock per wheel.
- Rear brakes an option.
- One battery must be secured under hood.
- Stops must be in the center of the axle housing. NO solid suspensions. Springs must have a minimum of 5 working leafs on each side. Springs must be in factory location.
- Ladder bars may not extend past the front of bed on the rear or past the front cab mount of the front.
- Maximum of 33-inch tall DOT tires mounted on 10″ wide rims. No cut or sharpened tires. 33×12.50 or 305×75. Allow only (4) tires.
- Front weights may not extend more than 195 inches from center line of rear axle to furthest point.
- Hitch will be 24″ high maximum. No less than 36″ from center of the rear axle to hook point. Hitch must fasten to frame only and adjust off the frame ONLY. All bracing must hook to frame or stops that come off of frame ONLY. Hitch opening size 3 ¾ inch front to back and 3 in side to side.
- 8000lb weight limit
- 26” hitch height. Hitches must be solid from movement side to side or up and down. Opening must be 3×3 ¾ “. Must be resse style hitch, support can go no farther than centerline of rear axle.
- Suspension can be solid in movement but all suspension must be bolt on or adjustable. No welded in solid suspension
- Duals are allowed, DOT only tires, 35”(315×75 or 35×12.50 examples) tall tires max size.
- Turbos will be no more that 2.55” pre and post map groove or 2.65” smooth bore. All turbos will be plugged using 2.55” if map groove turbo or 2.65” if smooth bore turbo.
- No injectables(Nitrous, propane) No water injection.
- Air to air intercoolers only. No air to water intercoolers.
- All drivetrain will be from one ton or under trucks.
- No weight boxes allowed. Hanging weight or plates allowed.
- Safety items required. Kill switch or air kill. Fire extinguisher recommended. Closed toed shoes, long sleeves, helmet required. Seat belt/harness to be worn. Fuel tanks must be restrained. U-joint shields for exposed u-joints.
9000lb open turbo tractor
- 20” hitch height. Hitch must be solid mount, no side to side movement or vertical movement
- Open turbo sizing. Single turbo only.
- Full cut tires allowed. No tire size limit.
6500 Open dot gas truck(COTPC based rules)
- Chassis: OEM frame rails outside ONLY
- No altered wheel base
- Body: Front and rear glass
- Firewall: Factory or (a) 3/16” aluminum (b) ¼” Lexan © .060 steel.
- Hitch: 24” high – minimum of 36” out from center of axle.
- Tires: Tires must be street legal, with D.O.T (#) number on the sidewall
- No altered tread cut or ground. NO DUALS
- Safety: MUST have ALL safety equipment
- Working kill switch, blow-proof bell housing (blanket or shield), driveline shields, fire extinguisher, fire jacket, helmet.
7700 RWYB truck
- 7700lb weight limit
- Any tire configuration allowed. Cut tires allowed.
- Any fuel combination. Gas, diesel, alcohol. Nitrous is allowed.
- All safety items to be followed. Fire extinguisher in cab within reach of driver. Kill switch/air kill. Closed toed shoes, full length pants, long sleeves, helmet to be worn during pull. Seat belt/harness to be worn.
- 26” hitch height
- No crying, no petitioning.
10,000 8mph class(AFPA Rules)
- Drivers must be able to safely maintain control of tractor at all times. Those under 18 years of age must have parental/guardian permission.
- No year limit on age of tractor.
- Speed limit will be 8 mph
- Tractors must have a stock engine or their factory replacement. Engines are to remain unchanged in outside appearance.
- The Hood, Grill, Frame, Transmission, Rear End, and Axel must be for that make and model and must maintain stock appearance and dimension.
- All manifolds must be from the same manufacturer and must bolt in stock location without modification. Manifolds may be altered to fit turbo under hood. M&W OK.
- 3000 RPM Maximum.
- Single Turbo Charger Only.
- 18.4 x 38 maximum tire size. Radials allowed. Top Cut tires allowed.
- Wheelie bars are mandatory. Kill switches/air shut-offs recommended, not required.
- Draw bar must not exceed 20 inches in height or be less than 18 inches from the center of the axle to the hooking point. No part of the draw bar may extend rearward beyond the point of hook. Draw bars must be stationary in all directions. No clevises.
- Total length of tractor is to be a maximum of 12 feet from the center of the rear axle to the furthest point forward, including weights. Weight brackets may be used.
- Any jerking of sled or side stepping clutch will result in disqualification.
- Drivers must stay on the seat of the tractor at all times. Hands must be on the steering wheel, hand clutch, or throttle. Feet must stay on platform at all times during the pull.
- Any tractor or puller found to be unsafe or illegal may be disqualified or barred from hooking. No alcoholic beverages will be permitted during pull.
- Any tractor parts falling off (weights, etc.) while hooked to the sled will result in disqualification.
- Judge’s or promoter’s decision is final at all times during the pull.
- Any tractor with a roll cage must wear helmet/seat belt. (New Jan. 2017)
- EXHAUST PIPE: Must have (2) 3/8”, grade 5, bolts through exhaust pipe (must make cross in pipe) as close to turbo as possible. (New – Jan. 2020)
- EXHAUST: All exhaust pipes must be straight up with no curves or bends. (New – Jan. 2020)
NOTE: No cars or suvs will he allowed in infield